2.09.2011

What's on my mind.

I couldn't sleep again last night so I got up and started writing...

I was recently reminded of the fragility of life and how precious time with our loved ones is.  I admit that I still get jealous when I see two sisters together.  I want that again.  Luckily I have made many friends who are like my family.  I often feel guilty when I choose to indulge in my adventurous spirit and therefore sacrifice time with my family and friends.

I was reading a book with one of my kindergartners yesterday, and the story was about two sisters.  They did everything together.  At one point in the story, the younger sister decided to cut her own hair which resulted in the mom having to even up the lopsided cut into a very short boyish style.  The younger sister was very upset by this and always wanted to play princesses with long, flowing hair.  At this point, the older sister suggested that they use pantyhose on her head to create the illusion of a beautiful flowing mane.  This is, to the tee, what happened between my sister Natalie and I when we were growing up.  The only exception being that Natalie was the one that came up with the idea of putting stockings on her head after, if I remember correctly, more than one self inflicted barber disaster.  She was certainly a free spirit, that one.

Natalie


Mom, I hope this doesn't upset you, because I know you said you were doing better.  It's actually both a happy feeling and a sad one, to reminisce like this.  Thank you for being a constant source of support and encouragement. I can feel your love even all the way over here in Korea <3

I love you Mom

Thank you Lord for all of the wonderful people you have placed in my life.  Please continue to guide us and keep us safe, and remind us of your everlasting love.  Amen~

 Deuteronomy 31:6
 6Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you." 

Thinking of you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment