12.03.2010

babies & show dogs


Last Friday night I went to eat Galbi (Korean bbq) with a few coworkers after staying late to work on my lesson plans for the next week.  I was too exhausted to cook anything, and it's always nice to talk and destress after a long work day.  After dinner I went home and crashed.  Saturday morning I talked with my family who were all still together in St. Louis for the Thanksgiving holiday.  It was wonderful to see their faces! 

That same morning, SaeRom picked me up around 11am and we headed to a town north of Seoul called Pocheon.  We went to visit her show dog's handler and his wife.  They have a 6 month old baby girl named NaRae.  She loved me.  I'm not sure if it was my blonde hair or my funny accent, but I played with her for a good 2 hours.  I also cuddled with their standard poodle, Apple.  It made me want to get a puppy! 
I don't think it's actually in my contract,
but I have a feeling wearing hats while
teaching is frowned upon...too bad.

This week one of my home room kindergarteners, Charlie, started making scary faces and the other boys quickly caught on...

Ooohh Charlie...


My baby asian spock - Tommy

Gordon as T-Rex - which happens to
be his favorite dinosaur, go figure.

Then the whole class wanted to act like statues.  For some reason "statue" means Lady Liberty.  I'd like to think it was in honor of their American teacher ;)


My little lady liberties

Kai - Such a little punk
sometimes but he's so darn cute

Lady liberties + 1 Charlie scarecrow

Lucy wanted to take a picture with her medal.
I can't remember what she said it was for...

And this is what they start doing if I look away for a few seconds...


Kai & Gordon

Ta-Daa!

I also caught up with a few close friends last weekend on skype which made me a little homesick, especially with Christmas coming up.  On Sunday I relaxed most of the day, but in the afternoon I went out to AK Plaza to explore for a few hours.  AK Plaza is a shopping center located right next to the Seohyeon subway station, which is about 4 stops away from Ori and my apartment.  It has all of the upscale, classy brands like Gucci, Prada, Chanel, etc.  I had to really bundle up because it has been below freezing here lately!  Luckily I got a warm hat last weekend, and it was actually a nice distraction to walk up and down the shopping center amongst a million strangers.


Until next time,

~Miss Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment